Wednesday, January 13, 2016

GPP - Interactive games for maths

ICT was a great way of making maths enjoyable. I used interactive resources a lot for increasing children's competence with fractions. Here are some that the children enjoyed a lot.

The first one is 'racing on', where the bikes can move by 1/4, 1/2 or 1. It can be played by either 1 or 2 players. For the lesson, I printed out the race course as an A3 sheet, laminated it, and created my own fraction cards so that children can play the game in groups of 5.



Children absolutely loved the game element and were practicing counting on fractions whilst having fun.

Another interactive resource I used allowed children to match equivalent fractions as a class. I picked students to come up and pick a pair of equivalent fractions. The timed element made the activity a little more exciting. There are three levels so the game can be easily differentiated.



No comments:

Post a Comment