Tuesday, February 23, 2016

EPP - Who wants to be a millionaire?

Assessments are a big part of teaching and teachers sometimes need to be creative with how they assess children's understanding. Sometimes we want a quick idea of whether children know basic facts of a topic. I often used questioning and worksheets to do this during my GPP, but I think I might add this activity which I observed at my enquiry placement.




At the end of the lesson, the teacher used the 'Who wants to be a millionaire' format to assess children's knowledge of forces/magnets. Students were really excited, especially because the questions got increasingly challenging.

It's incredible how something so simple like this can make an assessment activity more exciting. Using sound effects would be great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment