Thursday, September 24, 2015

ICT Audit - September 2015

I rated myself as B/C for my competence and confidence in computing. Although I use technology on a daily basis, the ways in which it is used is fairly limited. For example, most of my technology use centres on social networking, such as using Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. I will need to develop my skills in using different programmes and equipments. As a training teacher, my main focus is in developing skills in harnessing technology and integrating computing in lessons in ways that will aid my teaching.

Specific areas which I feel need a lot of improvement are the following:

1. Level of knowledge and skill in using:
  • Coding/ programming
  • Mobile App Publishing

2. 
Ability to demonstrate and use the following computing hardware and equipment:
  • Voting / handheld devices
3. Ability to harness technology as a primary teacher:
  • Identify areas of the curriculum that could be enhanced by computing
  • Use computing for administration systems for recording progress

4. Ability to develop lesson plans that integrate the effective use of computing across the curriculum to:
  • Cover the programmes of study of the National Curriculum for computing 
  • Teach computing elements of the other core and foundation curriculum subjects

5. Ability to monitor and assess children's use of Computing
  • Identifying how computing influences objectives and outcomes

6. Awareness of issues and legislation relating to pupils' access to information
  • Copyright regulations
  • The Data Protection Act

No comments:

Post a Comment